Wednesday, July 20, 2011

How can I heal myself from emotional distress?

Question:
I've been through a lot of emotional distress during my life and these past couple of years has been really hard on me. I can't even sleep at night. I cannot afford a psychologist so what can I do to erase the pain and move forward?

Answer:
The best way to remove the distress is to look at the source and remap your interpretation of it. the reason you are in distress is because your mental perception of the "cause" continues playing in your head like a broken record and influencing your emotions. is what you want to do is stop the playback by putting in another record. in other words, remap the mental interpretation of the "cause". for example if something negative happened to you that caused the emotional distress you may want to reevaluate that occurrence and find out how it can make you a better, more experienced person. you may even be able to figure out how to use that experience to help others who are experiencing emotional distress and thereby give back to the world. giving back always is very healing. Chronic stress is almost always caused by excessive negative thinking. through specific techniques you can learn to replace the negative thoughts with positive ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment